Everybody has their own way of getting through the day, here’s mine! Here are some things I can’t live without.
1. MAN BAG: should be small and caters to whatever you do on a daily basis. I take lots of photos so I got myself a sling bag from Herschel. It’s a decent size that fits a small notebook and a camera. It’s my go-to bag when I’m out on location.
2. BASIC TEES: sometimes the simpler the better. A few boring shades can make the biggest statement, and the perfect t-shirt will make a world of a difference. Try the Selected Slub Tee ($20) available at our Kitsilano/Metrotown Locations.
3. SUNNIES: It’s summer, and assuming that you’d want to see it, get a pair of good sunglasses. Opt for the polarized lenses because they help reduce reflected glare off water or metallic objects, when you’re out and about or just driving around.
4. HAIR STUFF: Nobody should be using hair gel anymore, throw away your dippity-doo’s and start using hair wax. I swear by American Crew’s Fiber ($16), it’s got low shine, and medium hold and doesn’t leave your hair looking like plastic, perfect for getting that pompadour you’ve always wanted, or that side part everyone seems to be rocking these days.
5. VISUALS: For those moments of inspiration or just recording life in general. A camera is essential. Whether it’s film or digital, never miss a moment.
6. INSPIRATION: A good book to keep your mind stimulated. I’m currently reading “ICONS OF MEN’S STYLE” by Josh Sims, probably the best handbook to knowing the origins of menswear. Available at Chapters.
7. NOTES: Have a Moleskine or a mini journal for writing all those important dates, memos, or ideas.
8. FUEL: For those long days at the office, you’re going to want a tumbler that stays warm. Opt for a double walled container, it will last for hours before you would have to refill. ($15 at Starbucks)